Saturday, July 12, 2008

Four over par

First off, let me begin by saying that my quads are destroyed. They kill like you would not believe. They even hurt when I touch them - well stop touching them!

I decided against running but I intend another mountainous one tomorrow. I intend to visit Ben Macdui - that's the highest summit in the Cairgorms, not Ben MacDui the local postman. At 1309m it should be another tough run. Not sure what distance I'll attempt but as long as the legs feel improved I will try about 13 miles again. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

So, back to today. I played some more golf. The first nine was poor - better than Wednesday, mind, but still poor. But oh, what a difference a half makes. I was on fire on the back nine. Ok, not exactly on fire but certainly nice and toastie. I came back home just four over to complete the round at fourteen over and one inside my handicap - not bad for someone who only plays half a dozen times a year. Better not get cocky though, we all know what happens when you get cocky...

Well done to Helen F for a cracking result in the Waun Fach race - don't ask me if that's spelt correct, how the hell would I know?. She took first place and ran three minutes (make that two and a half) faster than last year.

Thought for the day: Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment