Friday, July 11, 2008

Craigowrie

Well yesterday was a bit of a wash out. It rained all day - and I mean all day. It did not stop once. I got up bright and early and headed out for a warm up jog before the main event - when I say early I mean eleven o'clock - but that's early when I'm on my hols.

Anyway, the warm up - in the rain because, as I said before, it rained all day - was about 5k and took just over twenty minutes. I was really proud that I was going to run twice but then it rained harder and harder and in the end I was really narked that I bottled it. I should have gone and got wet but it was just too cosy inside and just too nasty out.

Things went better today, I'm happy to report. I forewent the lie in and got up at half past ten. After a bit of breaky it was out into the murk but at least it wasn't raining - yet. I marked up a 13 miler on the gps and off I set. It was a nice route, up to Craigowrie and across the ridge of three other summits, but I didn't see much on account of the low cloud and rain - I had my head, body and feet in the clouds. After about ten miles I was ready for the end but had to push on because I had to get back to where I parked the car. By the time I eventually reached the car, 2 hours and 20 minutes after setting out, I was hanging. Still that's a 13 miles and 3,300ft of ascent in the bag. I wonder what I will run tomorrow...

Thought for the day: The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

No comments:

Post a Comment