Monday, June 02, 2008

Three in a row

I managed another day of training - in a row. That's almost - but not quite - unheard of. I'm the first to admit that my training over the last - no, scratch that - make that pretty much all year has been poor. But I am determined to make amends.

I found tonight's session tough going. It really brought it home to me quite how pants I have allowed myself to become. There were three of us up on the Downs tonight. Mike T, Sean and me. Mike really has got the bit between the teeth. He is going tremendously well - 25s off his 5k PB at that the last Bridge - now that's good going - and from the way he ran tonight I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to come - watch this space, you heard it here first.

So the session? We ran five 3 minute efforts. Or to put it another way, five 870m reps around the grass. I went off too quick on the first few - trying to keep up - I couldn't. We had about a two minute recovery between the reps - but that wasn't enough for me, I needed more - but didn't get it - that Rick is a hard task master - but then that's no more than I need. By the last couple I was fading. Fading fast into the eternal darkness of the night as the sun sank below the horizon. As to my splits? I managed 3:00, 2:59, 3:02, 3:06 and 3:09. Those first few were just a couple of seconds too quick but I've got a marker down for the next time I run the session. Sean and Mike were down toward 2:42 and 2:50 respectively - nice. And as for my running - things can only get better...

Thought for the day: I don’t approve of political jokes - too many of them get elected!

No comments:

Post a Comment