Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not fast but it felt much better

Well, based on Yesterday's poor performance - in the race - I shouldn't have made it inside 40 tonight and I was dreading it. To run outside the big four o for the first time in a long while would be devastating.

As I stood on the start line, delayed for 15 minutes because of some musical band called Bon Jovi - I hear they're quite good by the way - I was filled with an air of impending doom. Doom I tells ya. Doom, doom and thrice doom - ok, it wasn't that bad but I honestly believed I couldn't possibly run inside forty - talk about negative swing thoughts.

I put on a different pair of runners from yesterday in the vague hope that it would help - plus I brought my secret weapon to cheer me on - and I'll tell you what? It only bloody well did the trick. I ran 39:38. Not great but inside forty and that pleases this great lardy lump that is the mad runner.

So after four races in six days I do solemnly declare that the madness is back...

Thought for the day: Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have a "S" in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment