Tuesday, June 03, 2008

How slow have I become?

I managed another consecutive training day - that's four. It has shown me, yet again, how truly, deeply, badly I have let things slide.

I decided I needed a bike session - haven't done one for a few weeks. And oh how hard it was. I was 4.5% down on my best and I really went for it. Mentally tough I may be but physically tough I am not. Even the ab crunches were a struggle - I just about made it to sixty.

Still, it's all helping me focus - and boy, do I need to focus. It is time to draw a line in the sand against my laxity and make a final stand. I know I'm going to run a slow time at the LA 10k on Sunday but I'm going to raise my game and give it a damn good go anyway.

Thought for the day: In the words of the great prophet Arnold, I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment