Monday, June 09, 2008

Didn't quite make it...

On both counts! I didn't make the Long Ashton 10k on account that I was knackered and I didn't make training tonight on account of the fact I couldn't walk properly - my legs are wasted - all that sprinting rubbish really takes it out of you. My legs feel like those of a ninety year old - not that I would not what a ninety year olds legs feel like - heaven forbid - but they sure are pants.

After a late start I worked on late and to be honest couldn't face any sort of training at all. I'm not sure I will train tomorrow either but then after my pb's on the weekend maybe I'm worrying about my loss of form too much. Rest assured I will be tracking it on Wednesday - wild horse, yada yada yada.

I've decided I must break 60s for the 400m now - it would be rude not to. Not that 60s is particularly special but since I never thought I'd get there and it seems so possible now, it's special to me.

Thought for the day: Don't take life too seriously - no one gets out alive!

PS, sorry for the lateness of the blog of late - I've been distracted, dib dib, promise to do better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

t'was only Sean and I tonight - Mike was absent after a weekend of kicking trees and injuring his foot (or something like that).
We did longer reps on the Downs, but we were both suffering.
See you Wednesday.
R

Post a Comment