Saturday, May 10, 2008

Feeling tired

I had a bit of a work day today but amazingly I still managed to get out for a run. Admittedly it was only 45 minutes but I plan a much longer one tomorrow and it was at least a bit hilly. In truth, I'm actually pleased with how I went up today - stop it. A few weeks ago I would have been walking but today I just kept grinding out those climbs. It's difficult to gauge whether I was going up fast or not but I felt much stronger.

I've finally realised why I'm lacking the enthusiasm to train - I don't have a target. It's the first sustained period of time since I started running where I haven't really had a focus, a key race to train for. Well that's all going to change. I'm going to decide upon a fairly tough fell race. Probably the Brecon Beacons race taking place around August time but I might plump for a classic, such as the Borrowdale fell race - a race covering 17 miles and 6,500ft of climb - that should be fun...

Thought for the day: Though one should conquer a thousand times, a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerors.

No comments:

Post a Comment