Wednesday, March 12, 2008

They always come along in 3's

There was no Rick tonight - work commitments - but it was a good turn out from the lads and ladesses; Sean, Nick, Harry, Bruce and Helen. After my escapades of yesterday I wasn't sure I could manage tonight but I had some good news before the session and I think that carried me through where the body was lacking.

We ran twelve 300's with a sharp 60 second recovery. After six we jogged a lap. It was chilly and a strong wind in the home straight - which we tactically avoided by starting our reps at the right point. Some may say we bottled it but I prefer to say we managed the course wisely - OK, we bottled it.

Anyway, I ran nice and consistent(ish) with times; 51, 55, 54, 53, 54, 55, 53, 54, 53, 53, 53 and a final 52. I felt a bit sick during the last couple but I held on well. There's no way I could muster any more so in a way I paced the session spot on.

I think we all ran consistent tonight. The lads all seemed to finish around about the same distance ahead of me on each rep - we can all pat ourselves on the back.

All I need to do now is enjoy the rest of the evening - I'm sure I'll find something to do...

Thought for the day: It's better to be beautiful than to be good, but it is better to be good than to be ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment