Friday, March 21, 2008

Not the best nurse

Didn't manage any running today - had other things more interesting things to do - including being the worst veterinary nurse the world has ever seen. Yes, if I ever need a change of career, a veterinary nurse will not be it - well, not if I want to earn any money. I very nearly feinted during a routine triple eyelid-leglump-earscrapectomy. As I helped out I could feel my temperature rising and my blood pressure dropping. Within seconds I was gracefully finding my way to the floor - I didn't completely feint - but it wasn't far off - although, others might motion a different opinion on events. The colour drained from my face - or so I'm told - and that,my friends, was the end of my career as a veterinary nurse.

Anyway, onto matters running. It looks like being pretty windy and chilly tomorrow up in Snowdonia for the Ras yr Aran fell race. It's going to be my first race in the Snowdonia National Park and I'm looking forward to it. There is a possibility of low visibility for the race - so it might be the first race where my navigational skills are tested. Hopefully I will cope OK...

Thought for the day: Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment