Sunday, March 16, 2008

Iron will

I managed to get myself to the race on time - and on the right day - things were looking up from the off.

The weather had somewhat water logged the course - the more the mud, the more the fun - well not in my bloody book! Even so, I guess more mud should be to my advantage as I still believe that I'm running strong - if not long.

For those who haven't run the Ironwood Challenge, it's a great sixish mile, mainly off road race with a fair few climbs - go on, try it next year. You'll like it - I promise - OK, maybe I won't promise but go on, give it a go.

So, how was it? Bloomin' brilliant. I ran 3 minutes quicker than last year. Last year was dry so that's doubly brill. Where did I finish? wait for it, wait for it... 4th place - the new pre-race routine worked a treat...

Off now to chill for the rest of the day and then I reckon an easy Monday session is in order. I'm definitely on my way back...

Thought for the day: Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment