Thursday, January 17, 2008

Marvelous Malverns

Never been on the Malvern Hills before - I have now. The weather was fine with clear blue skies and running with someone always helps. Interestingly they didn't moan much today - which felt a bit odd - I hope they're not ill.

After all the recent rain we've being having I was surprised how firm the ground was. You could see areas of obvious flooding from up top but there were only a few places on the run where the ground was a bit soggy. Anyway, I'm not sure exactly how long a run it was but time on feet and all that, it was 2:30. There were no really long ascents but a good few short and shape ones - you certainly knew you were running in the hills. All in all I had another excellent day - despite being tinged with a bit of guilt at missing the track - but the lads will get over it. I'm sure they managed without me just this once.

Thought for the day: The shifts of Fortune test the reliability of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment