Monday, January 14, 2008

Almost a recovery day

Well it was a hard easy session tonight. It wasn't out and out hard effort but there was some good hard efforts tucked away in there. It was just the three of us, Sean, Rick and me - which is an improvement on just Sean and Rick and occasionally just Sean.

I digress, we jogged from the Downs down deeper and down - Status Quo, Rock on - to the Portway. Then we put in a threshold which for me was for 3k and Sean and Rick 4k. I began to fade with 2.5km so decided to call it a day at 3k. We then jogged our way through to the bottom of Stoke Hill before a gentle push to the top. I wasn't able to push in my normal way but I pushed as hard as I could - it's a long hill on weary legs. Then it was across the Downs to the cars and home for tea.

My calves were a bit tight today but other than that I don't feel too bad.

Thought for the day: A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.

No comments:

Post a Comment