Saturday, December 01, 2007

Looks like I need a miracle

I have just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow - and I really wish I hadn't. I shall be praying that the forecasters are as way off the mark as they normally are. According to the forecast the day starts partly cloudy - that's OK, I could live with that. Then it moves to light rain and mild winds - not the best but I'd take it. And by race time, 10am, it's predicted to have moved to rain with winds in the region of 25mph - oh bugger.

Under those conditions the chances of success are, at best, slim. I shall, however, stick to the plan and take it out on sub 3 hour pace. I know it means almost certain failure but I don't give up and won't give up. I sure as hell won't admit defeat while there's breath in my lungs. I shall run and run to win - OK, not win the race but win my race and go as fast as I can. I shall be a tiger...

Thought for the day: It is better to have lived one day as a tiger than 1000 years as a sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment