Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Not the fastest

It wasn't my fastest session on the track tonight. Not my slowest so I'll take it. We were in reduced numbers tonight with Sean, very rarely absent, at a function and Jamie continuing his awol status. Nick and Harry made up the numbers as did a visitor.

We ran five sets of 500m/300m reps with 60s recovery between the 500m and 300m and 90s between sets. It was a chill night and I think it chilled my running. Apart from the first 500m in 1:29 the rest were all 1:33/34's and the 300's deteriorated from 53s down to 56s before finishing with a flourish in 52 - but only because some damn fool tried to overtake me - yes the cheek of it - in the back straight. I nearly caught Harry but his youth just had the edge.

Not sure where training is tomorrow. I shall try and find out. Although I might not be arsed to do any - we'll see.

Thought for the day: The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment