Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bath time

It's that time of year when the call of the cross country is too strong to resist - actually, I could resist without any problem but I thought I'd show willing. So it was off to Bath for the second Gwent League fixture.

It was a new course this year, encompassing going up hill seven times instead of the previous four which in theory should play to me strengths. Today, however, my pre-race routine of a night out getting lashed didn't quite work. My head felt awful - which I freely admit is entirely my own fault so I accept the pain without complaint. I started off dead last - nice - but during the first half of the lap (four lap course) my head cleared and I was able to start running in earnest. At the finish I had picked off Graham, Dave T, Brett S and narrowly failed to chase down Mike T and Gareth but I guess I was within 30s of them at the end. All in all it was a satisfactory training race. I think there is plenty more to come.

Thought for the day: Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

No comments:

Post a Comment