Thursday, November 22, 2007

Almost the weekend

Well Mike's session was over at Filton on the track - I is not doin' back to back days of that, no sir. So I went down the gym - my new, lower cost, gym to hit the bike. The gym instructors didn't like that and told me to stop or they'd phone the police. So I hopped on board instead and put in 45 minutes of hard graft. I don't know what it is but the bike's down Redwood seem to offer a much greater workout to those at my old gym. Once again my legs were a bit wobbly at the finish - all good training though. Then a quick blast on the good old, dependable concept II rower - rowing machine to the stars - and all round thoroughly bloody good work out. Then I finished off with half hour on the weights - trying to acclimatise to all the new machinery and getting the settings sorted - my biceps are aching like you wouldn't believe - I reckon my arms are two inches longer now.

I'm well and truly into my taper ahead of Luton in ten days time. I'm aiming for a relatively easy ten miles on Saturday and then I shall take it as it comes through next week.

Thought for the day (this one's a cracker): You cannot milk a cow with your hands in your pockets!?

No comments:

Post a Comment