Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Shadow boxer

Like the title Nick?

The lads weren't in the mood to give me some stick - they should have - I'd have given me stick for letting the side down, and no mistake. Nick was so worried he even asked if I was serious about not doing another marathon, bless. You know me by now, I'll keep trying for that damn three hours until it kills me - and it nearly did.

It was four sets of 4, 4, 2 for the lads and I gave my thumb a first finger a good workout on the stop watch. I cracked the whip on the recovery - or tried to - they can walk real slooooowwww when they want to :)

Anyway, I'm back to walking properly - when I say properly the quads are painful as sin but it's just pain and I ain't no namby pamby so I'll shut my gob about that.

And finally, I wouldn't want to bet against Mad Andy getting out for a run tonight - the lunatic.

Thought for the day: If you can't convince them, confuse them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the title!! Nick

Anonymous said...

love the stuff dave! next time were gona rip it our of you! be warned! harry

Anonymous said...

I've seen the finisher clip - no mistake you were really rocking and rolling at the end. Just wanting a fraulein to pick you up under one arm and take you away?
Not wishing to rub salt in, but in the week that Nick got into NME, all the sub 3 hour GBRs results were in AW - gutting or what!
R

The Mad Runner said...

Cheers for that Rick

Post a Comment