Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Penance has been served

And I really didn't think it would be. I've been sneezing all day. Got the sniffles and during the session I was wheezing like a 70 year with a twenty a day habit. It was an amazing session and I honestly don't know where I summoned up the strength. Perhaps it was my self loathing of yesterdays flop - whatever it was, I'm happy to take it.

We ran six 400's with long 3 minute recoveries but the aim was to run fast. Nick, Sean, Rob and Harry where practically out pacing the wind while I also fared pretty well - even if I do say so myself. The lads were running in the region of 58 to 63s while I ran 67, 68, 67, 67, 69 and 68s. After the fifth one slipped out to 69 I was worried but equally determined to complete the session having kept every one under 70. I called on all of my reserves and made it so, number one. The only time I've ever gone quicker was when we ran five 400's with an even longer 5 minute recovery.

The lads marveled as I crossed the line - more than once - I was on a role - and no, I'm not going there...

Thought for the day: Opportunity dances with those who are already on the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment