Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Keeping up with the joneses

Ok, so I didn't quite manage to keep up with the boyz but I didn't miss it by a million miles, for one of your smiles, my mammy - now I'm showing my age - hang on a mo' I'm not that old!

It was a session of 400's tonight. Ten of the little devils with a 100m jog recovery - which in the case of the lads is actually a pretty slow walk but, with a little coaxing, we kept them to about 90s. After the eighth rep things turned nasty - Jerry, Jerry, Jerry - they chanted - as I cajoled them to the line for the start of number nine. Don't panic - I got out alive.

It was a good turn out tonight, Rob W, Sean, Jamie, Harry and Nick and our times ranged from 65/66's at the front to my 71/72's. We all managed pretty consistent laps. No one dramatically slowed but everyone was knackered by the end - as you should be. And all in all I wasn't that far off the back. The last time I ran this session I was hitting 74/75's so that's quite an impressive 3s improvement - well, at least I think it is.

I think Rob was the only one who managed to speed up slightly through the session - but then he was getting lighter as the laps went by. It was like watching a game of pass the parcel as his seven layers of assorted t-shirts and jumpers came off lap by lap! And Jamie just managed to hold me off on the last lap. I gave everything in the last hundred to try and catch him but he just had enough - swine.

For the record my laps were 75, 71, 70, 71, 71, 71, 72, 72, 73, 72

Thought for the day: If you are always willing to make one more attempt, you will reach your goal. No matter what result you get, the only real failure is when you stop making the attempt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't no you had a blog Jerry :P!
Nick

Post a Comment