Monday, September 24, 2007

Well slap my thigh...

You know, I'm really starting to get into the Berlin groove. I can hardly wait. I'm to the point where I actually don't care how well - or not - I run. I don't think that matters anymore. Win or lose, lose or win, I just want those pesky 26.2 miles run so I can get my hands on the tin of soup - there will be a tin of soup won't there? I'm just so excited. Will it be Mulligatawny? or Minestrone maybe? Heaven forbid it be cock-a-leekie - hope I won't be cocking or leaking on the way round though. As Berlin is one of the greatest marathons in the world, it's sure to be one up on the Bristol half's chunky vegetable - the suspense is almost to much for me. Ooh, I've come over all weird - don't go there, sssh, no, stop it - need to go lie down in a darkened room.

Suffice to say it was a relaxed, easy, rest day today - other than getting stressed driving over to the other side of Bristol and back - during rush hour - to get the posts for the finish funnel at the Bridge Inn 5k tomorrow night - the things you do for love...

Thought for the day: He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment