Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ticking over at the track

Just ten days to go until the big day and it was another light session for me. I decided to blow out the k's and run the session wit da lads - hark at I, what am I like?

It was almost the usual collection of waifs and strays but we were missing one or two of the regulars. But like Arnold, I'm sure 'they'll be back'. Sean was present but unable to run because of his blistered feet - the world of work is coming as quite a shock to his system but he'll get the hang of it - in the end. He's not sure how to treat his blisters. I say pop 'em - works for me - just don't use a rusty nail.

We ran six 800m reps - well they did. I only ran four but I was so slow it was unbelievable - even for me. I wasn't able to go any faster and just felt tired. It might have been partly due to all the sitting around I've done today but I'm not really fussed. I managed 2:40 to 2:46 with about a minute recovery. It was wet, windy and miserable out there tonight. Am I down? - the hell I am. I just have to stay injury free, after all 2:46 is way above the pace I will be running in ten days time.

Thought for the day: The journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment