Sunday, August 12, 2007

They're trying to kill me......

This mornings run was slightly harder work than I intended. I think Rick was trying to finish me off. I was surprised to feel so good after yesterdays work out but I wasn't really ready for the run he had in store for us. We met up at the Downs and headed over to Blaise Castle on paths and side alleys I never knew existed. Somehow we managed to get all the way to Blaise and back without gracing the road for more than a few minutes. It's quite amazing how many narrow, slightly overgrown, paths there are scattered around between the houses.

With the clock ticking, I felt my heart sink a little each time we took a turn that seemed to take us on a heading further away, knowing full well that we had to end up getting all the way back to the Downs - and usually these direction changes ended up taking us uphill. What was he thinking?

Anyway, our hour long run ended up being an hour and fifteen and covered about 9.5 surprisingly hilly miles (2000ft+). To be honest I'm surprised I managed it - especially the fact that I managed to keep going on some of the climbs. I'm not expecting to be in good shape tomorrow though. Now for some more DIY......

Thought for the day: A closed mouth gathers no feet.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the run Dave, my in-built clock isn't calibrated for runs from the Downs; I also heard rumblings from Dave T and Jerry about the length. I'm sure you agree though that it was actually a pleasant change from Leigh Woods.

The Mad Runner said...

I agree it was a nice run and we should do it more often. Next time (on fresh legs) we could add a bit more ascent around Blaise - to give Jerry and Dave T something to really grumble about.

Post a Comment