Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Charge of the calfary

My calfs are still tight. Too tight to try and hit some quick 200's like the lads - regarding which I have to say it was another good turn out. There were a couple of changes to the line up from last week with Harry M (who, like me, ran the Bridge Inn yesterday - now that's dedication to duty and no mistake) and Ed in for Sean and Jamie. They were knocking those 2's out at 26s for those at the front down to 32s for those on read guard duty - and no I'm not listing who did what - my lips are sealed. In my book that's not a bad bit of pace going down.

I ran kilometer reps so that I could run at an easier pace and hopefully keep the calfs in one piece. I managed five with a strict three minute recovery and apart from the first one, which was a tad slow, I managed to just about hit my target of 3:30's with laps of 3:36, 3:31, 3:31, 3:32 and 3:29. My 5k PB pace is 3:38 so I'm pleased with the session and the fact that it was run with slightly dodgy legs only helps to boost my confidence. It's all continuing to come together. I reckon I could manage another session like that (with fresh legs) on a target of 3:25 or even 3:20's. I love it when a plan comes together.....

Thought for the day: Every day you miss training is one day longer it takes to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment