Thursday, July 26, 2007

Torpid Thursday

'Torpid' haven't used that word - well, ever! Go look it up.

All day I had been planning to run mile reps. I headed to the gym after work and hit my highest ever score on the fit-test setting on the bike, 52.7 beating my previous 51.9 which gives me another boost - not that I'm needing any at the moment. I then hit the weights and subsequently ache all over - I was still feeling Tuesday's weights session before I started and tonight's workout has just compounded the damage.

This evening the madness has left me though. My legs do not feel up to the mile reps I had planned. Despite the weather giving me a clear window of opportunity I'm not going to run them tonight. The legs are just not recovered from yesterday. I know if I attempt the session it will be slow - too slow - and I'm not having that. Tomorrow, come rain or shine, will be the day of the (as close as possible) 5:40 miles reps. Then I'll squeeze in a one day special offer taper ahead of Sunday's SeaView 17 - which is actually 20 miles not 17 - go work that out...

Thought for the day: The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.

No comments:

Post a Comment