Friday, July 27, 2007

Flippin' heck Friday

I managed to get out for the mile reps tonight but they weren't quite as good as I was hoping for. In fact, I am a tad disappointed. I think that maybe a one minute recovery is a might too ambitious for me.

Anyway, I hit the first one in 5:50 which was really upsetting - until that is, I looked at the distance and realised that my one mile loop is actually a long measure by about 40m. Then came the one minute recovery in which time I hadn't really recovered at all and was still wheezing like an asthmatic donkey when I set off on mile number two. 5 minutes and 52s later I finished the lap and it hurt like hell. Still determined to stick to the one minute recovery I desperately tried to get my breath back but to no avail as I ploughed on into mile three. This was the killer lap and my legs just would not go. It was like running through treacle for almost the entire lap which took over six minutes, 6:05 to be precise. I decided to call it a day. It wasn't the four laps I was aiming for but to go on would have been futile.

I shall put tonight down as a learning experience - a one minute recovery is just not enough you damn fool. I reckon that 5:50 is a realistic target pace but on the back of two minute recoveries. I shall try again next week but with that longer recovery - and I WILL make all four at 5:50.

Thought for the day: One minute - that ain't no recovery you fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment