Saturday, July 07, 2007

Calamity

Now I know I haven't played a round of golf for nine months but bloody hell that was Rubbish with a capital R. The only saving grace was that it didn't rain too much so we didn't get too wet. Other than that I suppose the best that could be said was that it was a reasonably pleasant walk in the country. I can't divulge my score because you might all die laughing. Suffice to say, because I'm not scared, I came last of those that actually managed to get that stupid little white ball around the course - there were eleven players that didn't manage even that - so I didn't really come last in the competition - stop laughing - I SAID STOP LAUGHING. Stupid bloody game.

The forecast for tomorrow is reasonable so it will either be a nice steady run of around ten miles or I will attempt the run to the summit of the Cairngorm Mountain - an ascent of around 3100ft in the space of five miles - followed by the five mile return journey.

I'm feeling pretty knackered right now. We arrived here at five in the morning after an overnight ten hour drive so I shall be in the land of nod imminently.

Thought for the day: The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it's just sort of a tired feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment