Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just one more thing ......

Forgot to mention that Mark 'Destroyer' Dickinson ran leg 10 with me on Saturday evening. Like me I think he suffered from the early start and van driving - I didn't do any van driving but it was the general driving I was on about. Also, like me, he may not have managed to go as quick as he would have liked but after such a long day just getting to the finish of the Castles longest leg is an achievement.

And now for the award of best performance by a novice and someone who deserves special mention, Mike 'Sorry we made you run such a bastard hard mountain stage for your first time out' Taylor. I can attest to the fact that leg 7 is not a pleasant leg. It's about eleven miles with a good section of up hill grind before a suicidally steep decent followed by a three or four mile drudge to the finish. The downhill is the worst part as it destroys your quads and then you still have those few miles to go to the finish with your legs wasted - so well done Mike.

Clive 'Don't Panic - of which he didn't actually do that much except for the bag incident' Tucker was a little worried that we may have put Mike off for life but the story ends happily on that front. When we met Mike with his family in Cardiff Castle he was heard to mutter those immortal words 'I want to do that one [leg 7] again'. Clearly, he has the spirit of a mad runner......

No comments:

Post a Comment