Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's all coming back to me

I'm really pleased with myself today. Not only did I manage to shift my butt out the door but I managed the entire run without any thoughts of not going the distance. The distance in this case was 19 miles and I chose a reasonably hilly route as well, with about 2200ft of ascent. It was certainly hillier than last week and my pace was 16s per mile quicker as well.

The most pleasing part of the run had to be the hill climbs. I haven't been climbing the hills well of late. It used to be a strong part of my game but I've struggled of late, in fact I'd say my hill climbing has been c#@p lately. Today, for the first time in ages, my patent pending 'stomp' method started to kick in. Purists would scream in horror at my style but it always worked for me in the past and I want it back. I kind of stomp, get into a rhythm and the next thing I know I'm at the top of the hill. Of course, after the run, I hit the exercise bike at the gym for a quick half hour - you know me!

It really is all starting to come back to me......

Thought for the day: The road to success is always under construction.



No comments:

Post a Comment