Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I had a nice tempo going there ....

Well that was a pleasing run tonight. It was a great tempo run. I'm really pleased with the consistent pace and the strong finish, picking up the pace with 2k to go. My kilometer splits were 3:44, 3:44, 3:45 (the uphill bit), 3:42 and 3:39 for a time of 18:34. It was a hard effort in the last kilometer but then I was hitting my pb pace so that was to be expected but I really wasn't anywhere near hurting. I reckon that with a few more long runs in the legs, the continued speed sessions and some more hill work I will soon be back to my best.

The best part of the night had to be seeing Harry Clayton (Vet 70) back running. I've spoken to Harry on what must be a dozen times over the last few years, but always from the side lines as he's stumbled from one injury or illness to the next so it was fantastic to see him back racing. I have my fingers crossed he's fit and healthy after tonight because it means we might well cross paths again over at the Nailsea 10k on Thursday.

Depending on how the track session goes tomorrow I might try and run with a bit more venom at Nailsea. I won't go mad - well, maybe a just little. I think I'll aim to tempo myself - that sounds a bit dodgy - to somewhere around 38 minutes, which will mean 3:48's. The Nailsea course isn't flat so the splits may well be a bit up and down - oh, that's a bad one, get it, up and down on a non-flat course! - I'll get my coat .....

Thought for the day: The things that come to those who wait are the things left by those who got there first.

PS, I filmed the race tonight so the video will follow as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment