Monday, June 25, 2007

Back down to earth

After the high of the excellent training on the weekend - all in my mind, of course - today was a day of coming back down to earth with a bump. That's not to say it was a bad day, just a day where I ran out of time. It was a good day at work - got some stuff sorted but enough of this idle chatter.

Training consisted of my trusty steed - the exercise bike and a quick half hour on the weights. I really need to get out on the real bike but it requires more planning and more time. I decided to give the running a rest ahead of tomorrows fast tempo race over at the Bridge Inn. I will once again try to go out quick and hang on. Hopefully I can go as quick as last time but conditions may dictate things a little.

I've also decided that I'm going to film the race - rain and wind permitting that is. It should help to take my mind off the fact that it's a race - and lessen the disappoint of a slow time. I've filmed a few races so far this year but just realised I haven't actually filmed a home fixture! I shall put that to rights tomorrow - however, it might be a bit of bumpier ride than the normally bumpy ride as I shall be trying to go fast - well, 'me' fast anyway - you might need your travel sickness medication!

Tootle pip.

Thought for the day: The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment