Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Woeful Wednesday

Oh it was hard tonight. I felt good all day but once on the track it was a different story. It was a full house but even that couldn't lift me. Rob, Matthew (new last week) and Harry ran 300's and from what I could see they looked to be on good form. Nick, Sean and myself ran a pyramid session of 400, 600, 800, 1000, 800, 600 & 400. Nick and Sean have been ill for a week and were a little out of sorts. They were coughing, wheezing and spluttering around the track, clearly under the weather. I suggested home made chicken soup - just the job, yum - made from real chicken bones, even yummier - but it didn't go down too well - I told them they should have taken the bones out first! The fact that they turned up tonight showed great strength of character and spirit. They'll be back on song next week I'm sure.

As for me I don't have many excuses and won't make any either. I was pitiful. But that's life - you can sit down and cry or put it behind you and get the heck on with it. I managed the full set except for the first 800 of which I could only manage 400. Other than that I made it round - but slowly. My splits were, 73s, 1:56, 78s, 3:29, 2:41, 1:57 and 74s. Not the quickest by a long shot but at least I stuck it out.

Hopefully I will be less pathetic at training tomorrow in Horfield with the MD.

Thought for the day: If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

PS. I'm currently laughing, smiling with a bit of dancing and singing to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment