Monday, April 23, 2007

Haven't seen gym in a while

I managed a full day at work but decided to go straight home and skip the gym - yeh, like that was ever going to work. I was half way home when, drifting through the afternoon smog, came the intoxicating song of the Sirens (that's the gym in case you were wondering). I was unable to resist it's charm and beauty.

Suffice to say, when I parked up at the gym I thought, what the heck and threw in a 35 minute run through Ashton Court by way of an appetiser. I followed that by a good hour long session on the weights. I think we can safely declare the cease fire on training well and truly over.

It felt grrrreeeat to be out there again. Wind rushing - well, at least moving faster than walking pace - through my hair and I actually felt pretty good. Maybe not fast but definately good. I struggled with my breathing a bit and sounded a lot like Darth Vader on a bad day! How do you get a flippin' cold when the temperature's are in the mid-twenties anyway? Nevermind. Moving on.

I eagerly await tomorrow's race to see how slow - I mean quick - I'll be (think positive, must think positive).

By way of a change from the thought for the day, here is my Mad Runner's 12 point guide to keeping a healthy level of insanity. Yes, you too, can be as half shot away as me if you follow this easy to read guide ......

1) At lunch time, sit in your parked car by the side of the road with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment