Friday, February 02, 2007

Sense has prevailed

Yes, sadly, sense has prevailed and I've decided to run only the Long Mynd on Sunday and forgo the Titterstone Clee race on Saturday. To that end, I rested yesterday instead of hard training and only put in an easy twenty minutes today at lunch time. I want to be 100% rested for Sunday where I shall be aiming to finish towards the sharp end. I know that I'm going to be out of my depth and quite possibly I shall be lucky to finish at all - since I am venturing very much into the unknown but as they say, if you aim for the stars you might just make the moon - and I'd be happy with that.

I'm just itching to get going now and Sunday can't come quickly enough. I've been studying the map and taking advice and I know it's vital that I don't get carried away and go off too quick. The race looks tough in the 2nd half where the three big hills kick in. So I just hope I can control myself - this may turn out to be a real test of will and I might find out that my love affair with hill running is over! But if all goes well I should have something interesting for the blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment