Sunday, February 04, 2007

And now for something a little different

Yes, I managed it at last - the something (not that) special. After a bit, scrub that, a lot of faffing I have finally managed to get the footage from the cap-cam onto the web. That's right, I filmed the Long Mynd race on my newest gizmo - the cap-cam. Alright, so it's a small barrel camcorder thingumyjig stuck on my cap but it worked after a fashion! I had a few teething problems with it (which you'll see if you watch) namely it was pointing too low - I didn't take into account my bad looky-down head angle as I run. That will be amended for future films (the cam angle not the head looky-down thing - I'm sure that isn't going to change).

Anyway, it's about 6.5 minutes of edited highlights. It's a bit wobbly, a bit looking at the ground and basically a bit pants but I tried :) Hopefully I can improve my technique for the next one (ooh er).




Alternative link to the Google Video page GoogleVideo


[PS the video quality is low because Google Video shrinks the size and hence quality during their processing bit]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fair play to you Dave that looked tough!! Can't wait to see footage of your duathlon!
Nick

John Kynaston said...

I came across your site a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed reading your posts. I thought your cap cam was great! Look forward to seeing more of the view ahead next time but a great first effort.

Have a look at my blog if you're interested .....

http://west-highland-way-race07-training.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Dave,
what a brilliant idea. I'm sure this is the start of something new, although I'm uncertain about the morality of filming runners' backsides; perhaps you should encourage a 'whose behind is this competition' for your next race. I'm just glad you didn't have to relieve yourself....
- like the soundtrack.
Rick

Anonymous said...

What a guitar solo! 1.27 minutes in and its away! loved it alot dave keep it up! bestwishes Harry

Post a Comment