Thursday, December 28, 2006

We're all going to the zoo tomorrow

Well actually we went this evening instead! Well around the outside anyway. We ran three double laps around the zoo (6:02, 6:07 and 6:14) followed by three single laps (2:53, 2:52 and 2:50) with a two minute recovery. The double lap was 1.7km and the single one 820m.

I'm really pleased with the session as I put in big effort and worked hard throughout, especially the last three singles. My mile pace was good, all of them being at least as fast or a good bit faster than my last Aztec session. Additionally, the lap has some sharp turns where you have no choice but to take them slow which makes the pace on the rest of the lap even better.

I'm hoping I can take the same work ethic into all my future sessions. I'm more determined than ever to crack the whip (ooh kinky). I've been guilty on more than a few occasions in the past of just going through the motions during training and not really pushing myself. Tonight was the real deal for me. I pushed it to the limit and didn't cheat on the recoveries, keeping them tight.

Here's to a 17:30 5k in the first part of the coming year. It will happen - and you can take that to the bank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy new year. what a great morning and I trust you'll start the year with a run. What laps of the zoo do you do? less than 3 minutes around the zoo sounds fast; are you being chased by a tiger? see you wednesday rick

Post a Comment