Thursday, December 14, 2006

Strolling down the promenade

It was actually quite a decent night tonight - weather wise that is. My legs felt pretty tired after the previous two days hard sessions. This was my third in a row and got to admit it was hard going up that promenade hill. We did six of the medium reps and two of the short ones ('cept I missed the first short rep on account of being too knackered). I'm really pleased with the way things have gone in this the first week of full training since the marathon. I've run five days out of six since Saturday and to add to that, work wise, I've worked more hours this week than in any week since my employment re-alignment phase in June (aka made redundant, bummed around for a few months, then became self employed). I can feel the (relative) speed returning - everything's relative - I'm no Phil 'Fleet of Foot' Parry after all. And another thing, talking of relative, do you know that if you run quickly enough the distance actually becomes shorter! - by virtue of the Lorentz contraction (no - nothing to do with Obstetrics). I could explain what that's all about (the Lorentz bit not the Obstetrics) but then I'd have to kill you and bear in mind that if you wish to try this you'll have to run at a speed close the speed of light. A word of advice, don't try this at home. I digress.

I took things pretty easy tonight. Don't get me wrong, I was working hard just not all out. I went hard on the last medium one though, going 15s quicker than the first five. I really pushed up the steep bit of the hill on that last one. For the final rep, the short one that misses out the steep part of the hill, I really put my foot to the pedal and the pedal to the floor. Took it out easy-hard until we started to climb then it turned into a full on sprint. I was eye balls out and it felt goooood....

No comments:

Post a Comment