Friday, December 29, 2006

Not so easy easy run

I joined in with Clive, Graham and Terry for their annual Christmas run. They tell me they get out between Christmas and New year almost every year. There's nothing better than going for an easy(ish) run with friends at Christmas - just a shame I only had Clive, Terry and Graham to run with - ONLY KIDDING.

The weather was a stinker. Continuous drizzle and very strong gusting wind - no, I'm not talking about Graham and his brussel sprout soup!

Clive is still buzzing after his boxing day exertions and so led from the front taking Graham with him. Terry and I held back. We ran up over Dundry and back down the A38. Not sure how far it was but it took just under 34 minutes. On the run in Clive and Graham were 150m ahead after the hilly section. Terry and I just let them get on with it. After my hard session last night I wanted an easy recovery run but it was a real effort to stop myself from trying to chase them down. With about 800m I finally lost the battle. I couldn't hold back any longer and set off in pursuit. I didn't manage to catch them but made up about two thirds of the distance over that last 800m so I was fair flying along come the end.

Long may this Christmas tradition continue. It's great to join their hallowed ranks. Just hope it's better weather next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment