Sunday, October 08, 2006

Walking harder than running?

Went for a walk in the afternoon with the brunel walkers group, first time out with them and it was quite relaxing. We went on a circular route that took in part of the Gloucestershire Way from Minsterworth to Longhope. It was only about 13 miles but I am amazed how tiring it was. I feel more tired now than after my run yesterday which seems so odd. The weather held off until about an hour to go when the heavens opened and the rain came pouring down. Despite this, it was thoroughly enjoyable and a nice change of pace from the running. There were great views of the river Severn from the top of one of the hills we went up.

I would like to go out again with them, maybe on one of their more challenging walks in the Brecon Beacons. I will have to make the time because it is definitely something I think I can enjoy for relaxation.

2 comments:

ALF TUPPER said...

http://alfsdiarys.vnunetblogs.com/alfs_tough_at_the_top/

ALF TUPPER said...

cheers

Post a Comment