Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tracking Back

Well tonight was my last real training session before the race on Sunday. Six 400m reps at 70s with a long recovery in between. This was the fastest set of 400's that I have done so far and I felt good all the way through. Finishing the last just as strongly as the first and with consistent pace throughout.

I am feeling very optimistic about Sunday but also beginning to feel very nervous. I'm starting to feel the pressure of my own expectations. I want to go as fast as I can but also want to avoid blowing up. I am going to decide the pace that I will run in the next day or two. Then I will try to relax and wait for race day and just crank out 13.1 miles at the chosen pace. Calm, must stay calm and relaxed - plenty of sleep required me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment