Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mission Accomplished


Well I did it. I broke my target of 1:23 at the Bristol Half Marathon, knocking over 4 minutes off my previous PB, to complete the fourth PB of my late summer schedule in the space of 22 days (10k, 5k, 10Mile and Half Marathon). I ran pretty much to the planned pace of 6:20's the entire way. My first mile was 6:22 and my last was 6:19 so in addition to the time, I'm pleased with the controlled manner of my run. I was hanging on at the end but then, hey, I guess that's to be expected. I certainly couldn't have gone any faster. My finish time was 1:22:57 from the gun (official results chip time 01:22:53, 129th place). Had to sprint to make it but make it, I did.

The euphoria didn't last long, about an hour! My thoughts have already turned to the Stroud Half Marathon on Sunday 22nd October. I'm going to put in some quality training for a few weeks to work on speed and endurance to see if I can run 6:15's. I'm going to go for sub 1:22 at Stroud. I have the belief and recon it's game on. (Picture shows my final surge to the finish with about 300m to go).

No comments:

Post a Comment